The 69th Gian Battista Viotti International Music Competition 2018 is open to singers of all nationalities were born after 6 October 1987 (women) and born after 6 October 1985 (men).
The application form completed in all its parts must be sent no later than 22 July 2018.
How to apply
- Application online
Candidates can apply for the Viotti Competition 2018 via the Internet. They only need to register to the Viotti Internet site http://www.concorsoviotti.it and they will receive an email confirming the successful registration and containing a link to their personal page. Here the candidates can fill in the application form and attach documents and files.
- Application submitted by post
It is also possible to send the application form by courier or by registered post to:
Segreteria del Concorso Internazionale di Musica Gian Battista Viotti
via Monte di Pietà n.39 - 13100 Vercelli, Italy
The postmark will be proof of posting.
The application form must be sent together with:
1. The application form filled in all its parts.
2. Copy of the applicant’s passport or equivalent document that contains their name, nationality and birthday.
Application online. Upload formats: .jpeg or .pdf.
3. A typewritten curriculum vitae written in Italian or English (max. 800 characters) containing details of musical and artistic education, performances and of prizes won at other Competitions.
4. One or more recent artistic photographs free of copyright.
Application online: upload formats .jpeg files 300 dpi, longest side 10 cm.
5. The musical program for the competition including the title of the Opera, author, the full title of the Aria, the act.
6. The digital recording for the preliminary selection.
7. The entrance fee *.
The entrance fee for the Competition, amounting to EUR 70, must be paid by bank transfer (all bank charges shall be borne by the applicant) to:
SOCIETÀ DEL QUARTETTO DI VERCELLI
Bank: BIVERBANCA, Cassa di Risparmio di Biella e Vercelli
Agenzia 2 di Vercelli, Piazza Cavour n. 1 - 13100 VERCELLI (Italia)
IBAN: IT 08 J 06090 10005 000056363073
Very important: in the case of bank transfer from abroad please indicate the BIC code together with the IBAN code.
* The applicants shall send to the Competition’s Office a copy of the proof of payment of the application fee. Failure to enclose such a receipt will invalidate the application. Under no circumstances will the entrance fee be refunded.
Those candidates whose application form is incomplete and whose entrance fee is unpaid within the set time limit should not be allowed to compete.
II. PRELIMINARY SELECTION
The preliminary selection to the Viotti Competition 2018 will be made by way of documents and a digital recording submitted by the applicants.
Recording for the preliminary selection
An unmodified digital recording must be submitted by all applicants as follow:
Recordings for the preliminary selection must contain two Opera Arias chosen by the applicant.
Please note that the music chosen for the preliminary selection can be used for the program of the competition.
Modality. The digital recording must be sent as:
By post: DVD
Application online: uploading the video to YouTube (in the settings you can select "Unlisted" to allow viewing only to those who will be in possession of the internet address of the video). In the description of the / videos must indicate “Preselection Viotti Competition 2018". When the upload of video is necessary to indicate the Internet address in the box of the form online.
The recording must be of excellent technical quality and preferably recorded professionally.
The applicants details must be clearly stated on the disk cover. In addition, the following data must be specified: recording date and complete program (application sent by post) or in the form of the videos uploaded on YouTube (application online).
They must also be indicated: the date of registration and program.
All pieces must be recorded on separate tracks (application sent by post).
The application package from foreign nations (except the European Union's internal market) shall be sent as a material with no monetary value.
The first prize winners of a Competition registered in the World Federation of International Music Competition of Geneva (WFIMC) will be admitted to the Competition without preliminary selection. In this case, the applicant should attach documentation.
III. PARTICIPATION IN THE COMPETITION
1. All applicants will be informed of their acceptance or rejection not later than August 20th 2018.
2. All music must be performed from memory. All the music performed must be published.
3. First prize winners in former Vercelli International Competitions are not allowed to compete in the section for which they were awarded for the prize.
4. All competitors must arrive at the Secretary of the Competition in Vercelli by 3:00pm on the day of convocation to attend the registration at the Competition and the drawing ceremony.
5. The performing order of contestants determined by drawing before the first round will be maintained throughout the Competition except for the final round in which the order will be established by the members of the Jury.
6. Candidates are advised to remain in Vercelli, and must be available at all times during the whole period when they are competing.
7. The decisions of the Jury are final; in case of differences of interpretation of the Competition Regulations, the Italian text will be held as definitive.
8. The Viotti Competition organization reserves the right to use any recording or video made or photograph taken during the Viotti Competition 2018 and have the unlimited rights to broadcast competition performances on TV, Radio, the Internet and other data networks without any payment to the competitors. Participation in the Viotti Competition 2018 implies a tacit agreement of this above-mentioned rule.
9. The first prize is indivisible. The second and third prize can be awarded ex-aequo. The Jury can decide not to award any prize.
10. Prize-winners of the International Music Competition G.B. Viotti of Vercelli agree to make use in future of the exact title conferred by the Jury. Any misuse will be prosecuted.
11. The Prize-winners are committed to perform at the Prize-winners’ Concert of the Competition without fee.